This is the second year of Artists in Bloom where you can showcase your imagination and artistic skills to support the amazing floral and community achievements that the Stony Stratford and Wolverton & Greenleys In Bloom teams bring.
This year’s theme of the art competition is:
‘My Local Area’
Create a picture or piece of artwork to reflect what either Stony Stratford or Wolverton & Greenleys means to you. Think about historical connections, maybe your leisure time, family connections, art or nature or even food. It could also be about the In Bloom teams themselves.
Artists in Bloom Competition :
- be one of the winning pictures that
ispresented on the In Bloom judging day.
- see your artwork exhibited to 100s of local people
- be featured in Essentially Local magazine.
- win a prize
How and what to enter
Click on the headings below to find out all you need to know
- wooden or ceramic sculptures
- glass work
- Keep your work to a maximum 300mm x 300mm, excluding any framing and please ensure your frame is not too large!
- Fit your exhibit with D-rings and taut wire or cord, fixed approximately one third from the top of the frame or canvas so that it is ready to hang.
- We can’t accept them if they are not ready for hanging. Skills Art Materials offer a budget and commended framing service if you need some help. To find out more go to www.skillsartmaterials.co.uk
- Keep your work to 450h X 450w X 200d mm (in any direction).
- We will confirm the size of the work if there
- Please call Essentially Local to confirm that your arrangements are suitable.
All ages of the public will be visiting the exhibition so work must be suitable for family viewing. We will not accept works if we feel it is unsuitable for family viewing.
Responsibility for respecting the copyright of any other person lies solely with the artist and participants indemnify the Organisers against claims of infringement. Work by artists must be their own; this includes art derived from photographs.
You’ll need to complete an application form which you can download here by clicking onto the link:
- Please take your artwork to Stony Stratford Library or to Skills Art Materials, High Street, Stony Stratford by
5pm, 28 May,2019.
- Unwrap your exhibit before presenting for check-in. Please retain your packaging as we will be unable to store it.
We’ll post full details of the exhibition on Facebook nearer the time.
Moving and Collecting Artwork
|If the |
Work must be collected from Stony Stratford Library – we will notify you of details. Any works not collected by the specified time may be destroyed, as there is no place to store work. If you are unable to make the collection time/date due to ill health we will
|Exhibitors are advised to insure their work for all risks. Although all reasonable care will be taken, no responsibility can be accepted by the Organisers or the venues of the exhibitions for the loss or damage to exhibits.|
About the teams
For the Stony Stratford in Bloom volunteers this competition works
hand-in-hand with their passion for making the area even more
beautiful; greening the streets and estates with
Wolverton and Greenleys in Bloom volunteers and residents transform the parish area, making it look blooming
Can you help them to celebrate with your art?
Essentially Local Ltd, Skills Art Materials, Wolverton & Greenleys Town Council, Stony in Bloom, Wolverton & Greenleys in Bloom support this