It’s 15 years since Essentially Local first hit the doorsteps, and it’s probably one of, if not, the longest-running magazines in this area. We are rather proud of that achievement!
Our first aim was to connect residents and business owners with local businesses, services as well as events. Given that advertisers and readers frequently tell us that’s what we do we are happy! Of course, we thrive on the positive feedback we receive. Ultimately, we aim to be the go-to magazine of choice!
We are a respected source of local information and a great way to find a business or service. In fact, we offer:
- an up-to-date directory of local businesses
- some useful and interesting information
- regular features
- puzzles for our younger readers
- and a competition sponsored by a local business
While the website is an extension of the magazine, you’ll find lots more too:
- Advertise – that what you can advertise, how much it will cost
- Us – find out who we are and what we do
- Flick – through past editions to see what the magazine includes and how it’s developed
- Read – articles, advice notices and my views
- Directory – find a business on our online directory
- Event – find an event in our calendar
Thousands of residents rely on Essentially Local as a source to find all things local. And, most keep it as a useful reference guide. Become part of the essentially local community – read our information, find local businesses and go to the events.
There are plenty of reasons to shop locally other than simply supporting your local community. According to the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) if you spend with a small local firm it can double the money going back into the local economy. So, remember whatever you do join the community and keep your business Essentially Local.
Like What you Read?
Because you’ve read this far, perhaps you’d like to advertise your business with Essentially Local? Click on the box below to find out how