Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry
Moorgate Farm Vegetable Box Scheme Recipe for March-April is a delicious vegetarian/vegan dish with a bit of spice. It’s perfect for a cool spring evening meal or spicing it up to entertain friends. Best of all, it doesn’t take too long to prepare, it looks and smells great and it’s full of some of the best nutrients!
Moorgate Farm Vegetable Box Delivery Scheme supplies fresh locally grown vegetables. Make sure you use their veggies to make this recipe even more special.
- Serves 4
- Prep time 20 mins
- Cooking time 35 mins
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 350g cauliflower florets
- 3 tbsp tikka curry paste
- 250g sweet potatoes, peel and cut into 2cm cubes
- 100g potatoes, peel and cut into 2cm cubes
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes or fresh
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 115g baby spinach
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and cauliflower, cook until golden and soft, about 6-8 minutes. Spoon in the curry paste and cook for another minute.
- Add the sweet potato, stock and tomatoes, stir and then cover to gently cook for 15-20 minutes. Continue to stir occasionally, until the cauliflower is tender, and the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the lemon juice, chickpeas and spinach and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Serve when piping hot with rice and naan bread.
Benefits of Buying Local
Keep your buying local – it brings money into the area and boosts the local economy. Locally grown and sourced produce reduces air miles and the effects of climate change. The produce tends to be fresher as it is picked from the field only twenty-four hours before delivery. Moorgate Farm aims to encourage local production. For quality produce buy from:
Moorgate Farm Vegetable Box Delivery Scheme
Moorgate Farm, Potterspury NN12 7QG