The September-October Essentially Local recipe, Roasted Autumn Vegetables with Lancashire Cheese is easy to make and totally delicious! And, of course, it is very healthy too!
Moorgate Farm Vegetable Box Delivery Service delivers vegetables to your doorstep. Since lock-down, healthy eating which includes more vegetables and fruit is becoming ever more important.
Given that all the vegetables they deliver are locally grown and delivered to your doorstep within 24 hours of picking, there is no better reason to buy your vegetables from them.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 1 large butternut squash (about 600-700g)
- 1 medium red onion
- 6 tbsp The Fruity Farmer rapeseed oil
- 1 large sprig of fresh sage
- 1 large courgette
- Balsamic or sherry vinegar – 1 tbsp
- 100g Lancashire cheese
- Preheat the oven to180C/ 200C/ gas 6
- Slice the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Peel the skin and chop the flesh into big bite-sized pieces.
- Halve the onion, trim the root end. Be sure to leave a little of the root on to hold the segments together. Peel and then cut each half into four wedges.
- Scatter the squash and onion in a large roasting tin with plenty of room to roast. Once done, drizzle 5 tbsp of the oil and toss.
- Roughly chop 2 tbsp of sage leaves. Scatter them over the vegetables and season. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Toss the thickly sliced courgette with remaining oil.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven, push the squash and onion to the side, place courgette slices in and season, roast until veg is tender. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the oven, sprinkle the vinegar over the vegetables and toss.
- Finally, crumble the Lancashire cheese over the top and toss lightly to slightly melt.
Now, all that is left to do is to put it on a plate and enjoy!
Order a vegetable box
Moorgate Farm Vegetable Box
All the veg required for our recipe, Roasted Autumn Vegetables with Lancashire Cheese, can be delivered through Moorgate Farm Vegetable Box Delivery Scheme – Local fresh, quality vegetables delivered from the field to your door in 24 hours
Moorgate Farm, Potterspury NN12 7QG
Click here to order a vegetable box Moorgate Farm Vegetable Delivery Box Scheme