Report it!

More than half of all victims of crime don’t tell the police, often because they don’t believe there is any point. As a result crimes then can’t be investigated or recorded as incidents for insurance. In addition, trends can’t be monitored accurately.

At the beginning of this year this area was hit by a spate of break-ins and thefts. Businesses, community interest companies and children’s bikes from schools were targeted. Here is your guide to knowing what to report where:Reporting a crime may prevent another one and it could keep people safe. If a crime happens to you or you have witnessed one – REPORT IT.

Emergencies  for muggings and attacks. Your call should be answered within 10 seconds and the police will talk to you. Dial 999.

Non-emergency crimes  stolen cars or mobile phone, damage
to property, suspected drug use, dealing with a neighbour, giving information about a crime in your area and general enquiries. Dial 101.

Anonymous reporting

Crimestoppers lets you report a crime anonymously. Call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111

Anti-social behaviour

Report anti-social behaviour to the local neighbourhood policing team who will advise you what to do. If the council or a housing association is your landlord, report it to them. Where fears for safety are concerned, report directly to the police.

Hate crime, dial 999

Police treat hate crime as a priority. Hate relates to race culture, nationality and language; religion and belief; sexual orientation; transgender identity; disability including physical or mental impairment, or learning disabilities.


Contact Action Fraud any time of the day or night for reporting fraud and cyber-crime. fraud-and-cyber-crime

Call: 0300 123 2040


Reasonable day-to-day activities causing noise at reasonable hours are not investigated. Your local council deal with noise-related issues from neighbours, DIY, alarms and construction sites. Shouting, arguing in the street or fireworks should be reported to the police.

South Northants out of office hours 0800 160 1022.

Milton Keynes do not operate an out of office number. pollution/215/noise-pollution environmental-health-and- trading-standards/noise-nuisance

Get involved:

Thames Valley Police Community Forum meet quarterly. Check local parish websites for details.

South Northants Police Community Forum –
 Wednesday, 13 March
 The Library at The Forum, Moat Lane, Towcester

TOP TIP: Call Victim Support if you are the victim of crime
0808 16 89 111

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.