You may already think you know these top tips for healthy teeth but a gentle reminder is never a bad thing!
2. Gently brush for 2 minutes twice a day, working in circular movements, cover all surfaces, gums and tongue and don’t rinse. Floss daily.
3. Eat regular meals to reduce risk of tooth decay – your mouth is acidic for about 40 minutes after eating.
4. Avoid cereals and fruit juices that contain sugars. Snack on cheese or hummus and eat an orange instead of drinking a glass of orange juice.
5. Drink water and eat vegetables that are high in water content, such as cucumber.
6. You are 10 times more likely to suffer from gum disease if you smoke. Try to give up.
7. Prevent your children from being one of the 33% of children who have rotten teeth by teaching them to brush properly.
8. Regular visits to your dentist will help to prevent problems.